11 February 2020
The view from Davos: Highlights form the 2020 World Economic Forum
Tuesday, 11 February 2020, 12.30 p.m. - 2 p.m.
Library Events Room (B.135)
Palais des Nations, B Building, 1st Floor
The 2020 World Economic Forum Annual Meeting held in Davos discussed the most pressing global challenges under the banner “Stakeholders for a Cohesive and Sustainable World”. Political and economic decision makers took a critical look at progress towards the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals and discussed their visions of the future.
A selected panel of experts and diplomats who have been at the Forum will present its main highlights and share their views about the outcomes. This Library Talk is part of our series 10 Years to 2030 as we start the final countdown to achieving the Global Goals set out by the Agenda 2030.
We have put together a list of resources available at the UN Library Geneva
on this topic.
A discussion with:
- Tatiana Valovaya, Director-General, United Nations Office at Geneva
- Sebastian Buckup, Head of Programming, Global Programming Group; Member of the Executive Committee, World Economic Forum
- Terri Toyota, Deputy Head of the Centre for Global Public Goods and Member of our Executive Committee, World Economic Forum
- Ambassador Valentin Zellweger, Permanent Representative of Switzerland to the United Nations Office and other international organizations in Geneva
- Francesco Pisano, Director, UN Library Geneva
For those without a UNOG badge, registration for this event is obligatory.
Interested participants are invited to register on-line before 11 February 2020.