The Thirteenth Annual Conference of the High Contracting Parties to Protocol V will take place on 11 November 2019 in Room XIX at the Palais des Nations. Ambassador Terhi Hakala of Finland will chair the 13th Annual Conference.
CCW/P.V/CONF/2019/5 - Final document (advance version)
CCW/P.V/CONF/2019/1 - Provisional agenda. Submitted by the President-designate.
Informal Indicative Schedule
CCW/P.V/CONF/2019/2 - Report on the 2019 Meeting of Experts of the High Contracting Parties to Protocol V. Submitted by the President-designate.
CCW/P.V/CONF/2019/3 - Estimated Costs for the 2020 Meeting of Experts of the High Contracting Parties to Protocol V
CCW/P.V/CONF/2019/3/Rev.1 - Revised Estimated Costs for the 2020 Meeting of Experts of the High Contracting Parties to Protocol V (advance version)
CCW/P.V/CONF/2019/4 - Estimated Costs for the 2020 Fourteenth Conference of the High Contracting Parties to Protocol V
CCW/P.V/CONF/2019/SR.2 - Summary record
CCW/P.V/CONF/2019/INF.1 - List of Participants
Information for participants, including registration and accreditation, issuance of security badges, getting to and from the meeting, documentation, as well as other practical information can be found in the Aide-mémoire.
Registration of Participants
- All participants to the meetings must be properly registered.
- High Contracting Parties and States signatories wishing to participate in the Conference should send, through their Permanent Missions, a letter or note verbale to the CCW mailbox (firstname.lastname@example.org) informing of their participation and listing the full names and titles of the members of the delegation. The head of delegation should be clearly indicated. All of the above also applies to States which are neither High Contracting Parties nor signatories to the Convention and which may participate in the meetings as observers. A note verbale has to be submitted even if all listed delegates already dispose of a valid UN grounds pass for the Palais des Nations.
- International organizations may participate in the Conference as observer agencies. A letter or note verbale should be addressed to the UNODA Geneva Branch informing of their participation and listing the full names and titles of the members of the delegation. The head of delegation should be clearly indicated.
- NGOs and academic institutions may designate representatives to attend public sessions of the Conference. A letter or note verbale on the official letterhead of the organization should be addressed to the UNODA Geneva Branch requesting participation and listing the full names and titles of the representatives who will attend. A mission statement or summary of work of the organization is also to be provided. In addition, NGOs and academic institutions that have not previously attended a CCW meeting should indicate previous interactions between the organization and the United Nations in relation to disarmament and non-proliferation issues.
ACCESS TO THE PALAIS DES NATIONS
- All registration letters or notes verbales should reach the UNODA Geneva Branch no later than 4 November 2019, preferably by e-mail (email@example.com) or by regular mail.
- A valid UN grounds pass (issued either by the United Nations Office at Geneva or the United Nations Headquarters in New York) is required for entry into the Palais des Nations.
- Participants already possessing a valid United Nations grounds pass, do not need to undertake any further steps and may proceed directly to the meeting room (Room XIX) on Monday 11 November 2019. As mentioned above, delegations which consist only of members who dispose of valid UN grounds passes are still requested to submit a Note Verbale or official letter.
- Participants who do not dispose of a United Nations grounds pass (e.g. participants from capitals) need to register through the INDICO platform (self-registration) before 8 November 2019 through Indico at https://reg.unog.ch/event/19373/.
- A detailed user guide and FAQ on the Indico registration are available for reference. For technical questions, such as the non-receipt of confirmation of the account creation or non-receipt of the QR code, please contact directly firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participants who do not yet dispose of an Indico account, need to first create a new account. An automated message confirming the account creation will be sent to the registrant by the system.
- Once the account is created, the participant needs to register for the Protocol V 13th Annual Conference in a second step. Persons who already dispose of an Indico account can register directly for the meeting.
- The following is necessary to complete the registration process in Indico:
- A SIGNED note verbale (for High Contracting Parties, Signatory States, Observer States and international organizations) or a letter on the official letterhead of the organization (for international organizations, NGOs and academic institutions) needs to be attached to the Indico registration. The note verbale/letter has to list the full names, titles and functions of the members of the delegation and indicate clearly the head of the delegation. NGOs and academic institutions should also attach a mission statement or summary of work of the organization to their letter. NGOs and academic institutions that have not previously attended a CCW meeting should indicate previous interactions between the organization and the United Nations in relation to disarmament and non-proliferation issues as applicable.
Without the submission of a note verbale or signed letter, the registration process can’t be completed.
- Once the registration is received, it will be reviewed and if approved an automated response will be sent to the registrant. Letters which are submitted without signature can’t be accepted by the Secretariat and the registration will be rejected. Once the application has been approved in Indico, an e-ticket / QR code will be sent to the participant via e-mail, which needs to presented when the badge is collected at the Pregny Gate of the Palais des Nations.
- Only representatives who have registered online and whose names have been properly included in the note verbale/letter submitted in Indico will be granted an access badge to the Palais des Nations as per UN rules and regulations.
- Grounds passes valid for the duration of the Meeting will be available for collection from the Pass and Identification Unit at the Pregny Gate of the Palais des Nations. Participants are advised to come to the Pregny Gate well in advance to allow enough time for security checks.
- Delegations from States and international organisations can collect their passes as from 12:00 on 8 November 2019. Please bring a copy of the delegations’ letter or note verbale and the e-ticket / QR code received after successful Indico registration, in order to speed up the process.
- Civil society representatives can collect their badges in person from 08:00 on 11 November 2019. A valid passport or national identification card will have to be produced along with the e-ticket / QR code from Indico.
- For security reasons, the identification badge must be worn and visible to UN Security staff at all times while visiting the Palais des Nations.