20 June 2017
International Conference on Volunteerism and Social Transformation: Education #inFocus
20-21 June 2017
UNOG Library Events Room B-135
Palais des Nations, Geneva
The UN Library Geneva, an instrument of international understanding, cordially invites you to the 10th International Conference on Volunteerism and Social Transformation. Organized in collaboration with the youth organization Vector of Friendship, this two-day forum for learning and collaboration aims to promote social innovations, volunteerism and its recognition globally, and to foster effective cooperation within the global community through meaningful exchanges of experiences, insights and successful social practices.
Innovations in the social sphere become especially relevant and are an important tool for development in the 21st century. This year’s session of the Conference will be focused on social innovations for improving the quality and increasing availability of education in accordance with present-day realities.
Featuring interactive events, it brings together an interesting set of speakers and experts in various disciplines and with different perspectives in the field of volunteerism, social innovations and education. The discussions will help contribute to a greater understanding and respect among people, encourage new ways of thinking, and inspire actions, solutions and social innovations that will benefit many communities all over the world.
On the programme (see the agenda here):
- The role of education in the creation of a pro-active attitude and in developing socially significant initiatives with children and youth
- Innovative educational approaches as a basic premise for a successful future
- Extracurricular social and cultural programmes to fulfill the potential of children and youth
- Inclusive education: the role of volunteers in making friends without borders
- Successful steps: how your community-focused ideas can lead you to a future profession
- Education and social activities – a platform to build partnerships
- Art and developing leisure programmes as efficient ways to promote civil society
In collaboration with the youth organization Vector of Friendship in Special Consultative Status with ECOSOC and Notebook of Friendship - National Association for Education Development.
For those without a UNOG badge, registration for this event is obligatory.
Interested participants are invited to register on-line before 20 June 2017.