2010 Meeting of Experts
This page contains information on the mandate, structure and activities of Protocol V 2010 Meetings of experts - an informal implementation mechanism established by the First Conference, as stipulated in paragraph 38 of its Final Document (CCW/P.V/CONF/2007/1), as follows:
"The Conference decided to establish a mechanism for consultation and cooperation consisting of informal meetings of experts, chaired by Coordinators, on issues such as:
- cooperation and assistance;
- generic preventive measures;
- requests for assistance with the aim to connect needs with resources. The meeting should aim at fostering cooperation and assistance between those requesting assistance in dealing with the problems posed both by existing and future ERW and those in a position to provide assistance;
- victim assistance;
- any other relevant issue."
The work of the Meetings of experts shall be considered by the Conferences of the High Contracting Parties to Protocol V, which are held annually.
DATE AND VENUE
Wednesday, 21 April to Friday, 23 April 2010 in Conference Room XIX, Palais des Nations, United Nations Office at Geneva.
The main focus in 2010 of the Meeting of experts was on the following issues, under the responsibility of the respective Coordinators:
- Clearance, removal or destruction of ERW, under the overall responsibility of the Coordinator, Ms. Renata Alisauskiene of Lithuania;
- Victim assistance, under the overall responsibility of the Coordinator, Ms. Stephanie Karner of Austria, to be assisted by Ms. Danijela Zunec of Croatia, as Friend of the Coordinator;
- Cooperation and assistance and requests for assistance, pursuant to Articles 7 and 8 of the Protocol, under the overall responsibility of the Coordinator, Mr. James O'Shea of Ireland;
- Web-based Information System for Protocol V (WISP.V), under the overall responsibility of the Coordinator, Mr. Gyula Somogyi of Hungary;
- National reporting, pursuant to Article 10 (2) (b) of the Protocol, and the Article 4 Generic electronic template under the overall responsibility of the Coordinator, Mr. Henrik Markus of Slovakia;
- Generic preventive measures, pursuant to Article 9 and the Technical Annex of the Protocol, under the overall responsibility of the Coordinator, Navy Captain Eric Steinmyller of France.
The following papers were prepared for the Meeting:
To see the presentations that were delivered by the experts during the Meeting of Experts, which have been submitted to the Secretariat, please click here
۩ Go to Top