Archives Online Catalogue
The Online Archives Catalogue, ScopeArchiv, describes the archives collections of the League of Nations and the United Nations Office at Geneva.
Ten fonds have been defined in the structure: League of Nations Secretariat, Refugees Mixed Archival Group (Nansen Fonds), League of Nations External Fonds, UNOG Registry First Period (1946-1973), UNOG Registry Second Period (1973 - …), UNOG Records, UN External Fonds, Private Archives, International Peace Movements, and Collections.
These fonds are divided into sub-fonds, series, sub-series, files and documents.
Compliant with the ISAD-G standard, the description is currently available at the fonds, sub-fonds, series and sub-series levels.
Descriptions at the file and the document levels will subsequently come online for selected sub-series.
The archives may be consulted in situ in our reading-rooms. For any further requests, do not hesitate to contact us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Research Advice
There are two ways of searching for information:
1. The Archive plan or tree views allows you to navigate the different fonds for a general overview of our collections.
2. Search –Advanced Search
- To open up the classification plan, click on +
- To open the relevant record, double click on the title
News and Projects
- As the documents are described in English, English must be used for the keyword search.
- Full Text Search
- Searches in all the fields of description
- Search Terms
- Unlike the full text search, it searches only in the fields “title”, “translated title”, “Scope and Content”, “Reference Code”.
Bertha von Suttner Sub-series is available on line down document level since 11 November 2005.
Description and digitization of the Sean Lester Papers are ongoing.