Use of Reading Room Materials
- Books, periodicals and documents on the open reading room shelves must be consulted in the room where they are found. Users are not allowed to take reading room materials away without the permission of Library staff.
- Consulted books, periodicals and documents should be left on the tables to be re-shelved by Library staff. In the Economic, Social and Statistics (ES) and in the Legal and Political (LP) Reading Rooms, material obtained through the Loans Desk from the main stacks should be returned after consultation to the shelf "Books returned" available in each reading room.
- At the end of each year, prior to the inventory of collections, all books signed out by users will be cleared from the tables and re-shelved in their proper location. A new loan request needs to be made should users wish to renew these materials.
- Library books and documents must be treated with care: it is prohibited to underline, write notes or remove pages. Any damages or loss of materials will be sanctioned.
- Users are strongly reminded that all resources should be used solely for professional research or personal purposes. It is strictly prohibited to scan or photocopy an entire book or an entire issue or issues of journals, or to download an entire issue or issues of journals available in commercial databases. The United Nations Office at Geneva reserves the right to claim against the guilty party and the Library reserves the right to suspend his/her access to its premises and services.