All members of the United Nations community as well as researchers from outside the organization are welcome to use our resources and services.
Consulting the Archives
Request for consultation must be made in advance in order to:
- Reserve a seat in the reading room
- Have records for consultation prepared
- Facilitate access to the Palais des Nations
Archivists are available to:
Access request form
- Discuss research interests
- Provide information on relevant sources
- Arrange an appointment for an on-site visit
To consult the archives or for other access requests to the Institutional Memory Section, please complete the following form:
Use this online form to make your inquiry:
You can also consult our Research Guides
When sending a Reference Enquiry to the Archives:
- Be as specific as possible about your topic
- If your research concerns an individual include full name, previous name, dates, places, etc.
- Be sure to mention sources already consulted
- Please mention any previous contact with staff members
The Archives will provide information about sources relevant to your topic, but due to the number of requests we cannot undertake extensive research.
You can also contact us by e-mail, mail and telephone