“RACISM AND SPORT” PANEL DISCUSSION ON THE INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ELIMINATION OF RACIAL DISCRIMINATION
12 March 2013
(Issued as received) - GENEVA – The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights will host a panel discussion on “Racism and Sport” on Thursday 21 March, from 13:15 to 14:45, at the Palais des Nations (Room XIX).
The UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, Navi Pillay, will open the panel discussion on Racism and Sport.
· Kevin-Prince Boateng, Professional footballer for AC Milan Football Club and the Ghanaian national team
· Patrick Vieira, Former captain of the French national football team and current Football Development Executive at Manchester City Football Club
· William Gaillard, Senior Advisor, UEFA
· Federico Addiechi, Head of Corporate Social Responsibility, FIFA
· Ambassador Mohamed Siad Douale, Chairperson, Inter-Governmental Working Group on the Effective Implementation of the Durban Declaration and Programme of Action
· Piara Powar, Executive Director, FARE Network, a coalition of organizations dedicated to combatting discrimination in football and using it as a means of overcoming social exclusion
The panel discussion will be followed by a press conference in Room XIX from 15:00 to 15:30.
For accreditation, please write to http://bit.ly/hKEjnH
For more information or media enquiries please contact Rupert Colville (+ 41 22 917 9767 or email@example.com) or Cécile Pouilly (+ 41 22 917 9310 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
UN Human Rights, follow us on social media:
Check the Universal Human Rights Index: http://uhri.ohchr.org/en
For use of the information media; not an official record